With the introduction of tighter social distancing measures and in light of continued concerns surrounding the COVID-19 corona virus pandemic, representatives of member clubs of Cricket Switzerland met online for the traditional end of season Council Meeting on Tuesday 20th October.
After a a short role call, President Alex Mackay welcomed the twenty-two of the 26 member clubs that were present.
Led by League Chairman Asvin Lakkaraju, the meeting reviewed the highlights & the lowlights of the 2020 season, identifying various areas where the association & the clubs need to focus efforts during the close season.
Cricket Switzerland were congratulated on the creation of the Covid-19 protective concept, widely adopted by clubs across Switzerland, enabling the season to begin.
The association's treasurer Clive Denney reported that financially the association was doing well. Despite reduced revenues, mainly due to a shortened season caused by Covid-19 corona virus, there had also been less outgoings.
Notification of the proposal for a new CSPL format was presented to the meeting, with the creation of a two tier system with promotion/relegation between them.
Also, the association's honorary secretary, Ken McKeown, informed the meeting of four applications of membership that would be presented at the AGM in 2021, continuing the healthy trend of growth of the sport in this country.
Cricket Switzerland Council Meeting
20th October 2020, 7.30 pm.
1. Opening of the meeting/adoption of the agenda
2. Apologies for absence
3. Matters arising from Minutes of last Council meeting
4. Approval of the Minutes of the last meeting
5. Update 2020
6. Changes to 2020 rules (suggestions)
8. Update 2020
9. Cricket Coaches Association of Switzerland (CCAS) - update 2020
10. Junior Development - update 2020
11. Women’s Cricket – update 2020
12. Finance update: current financial position
13. Forecast 2021
14. Operational/Development Plan – progress against plan
15. Prospective new members
16. Update 2020
17. Update 2020
18. Update on participation.
Membership of cricket organisations
19. International Cricket Council
20. Any other business
21. Next meetings (AGM/Council)